New California Family Rights Act Regulations Take Effect July 1, 2015 (6-10-15 Webinar Recording)
California recently approved amended California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”) regulations, which go into effect July 1, 2015. Attend this complimentary webinar to learn about a host of changes triggered by these amended regulations, including:
- New timing for responding to CFRA leave requests;
- A revised CFRA medical certification form;
- Reducing exempt salaries for intermittent CFRA leave;
- Explicit prohibition on fitness-for-duty examinations as a condition of an employee’s return to work;
- The increased ability to take CFRA leave into account when determining certain bonuses; and
- Added prohibitions against interfering with CFRA leave and eligibility.
In addition, we’ll review key differences between the CFRA and the Federal Family & Medical Leave Act. California employers must track and honor the more generous provisions of each law. We’ll also discuss proactive steps employers should take to ensure that leave policies/practices are legally compliant
This is a program that was originally presented by Brian Nagatani and Mary Wang on June 10, 2015. Please note that the webinar provides only general information about the law, and does not constitute legal advice. Companies or individuals seeking legal advice should retain counsel.
Please note that HR and attorney continuing education credits are not available for watching this recorded program.
You may request an e-mail with links to the program materials and website where you may watch the program here: Access Request Form