In the course of providing compliance support to hundreds of employers over a period of many years, our lawyers have systematically built and continuously updated a vast array of forms and templates–which allows our clients to leverage heavily from our prior work. We list below some of our more popular forms below, which clients may obtain by e-mailing any of the firm’s attorneys. We designed each form to provide clients with a great starting point that is legally up-to-date. Each form, however, requires company-specific tailoring. To ensure compliance, we recommend that clients consult with us on how to use these forms, and have us review the final draft of any form before using it with employees. In light of the particular complexity of some areas of employment law compliance, we may require advance consultation before providing certain forms.
Some of our more popular forms include:
- Sick Leave & PTO policies (addressing the requirements of the California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014, and local sick leave laws in San Francisco, Oakland, and Emeryville)
- Employee Offer Letter
- California Labor Code Section 2810.5 Mandatory Non-Exempt New Hire Notice (Note: We revised the form of this template published by the California Labor Commissioner to create this recommended form.)
- Executive Employment Agreement
- Employee Arbitration Agreement
- Employee Confidential Information & Inventions Assignment Agreement (including langauge to address the requirements of the federal Defense of Trade Secrets Act of 2016)
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Independent Contractor Status Review: Information Collection Form
- Overtime Exempt Status Review: Information Collection Form
- Employee Handbook (Under 50 Employees)
- Employee Handbook (Over 50 Employees)
- Leave of Absence Forms: We’ve developed a comprehensive set of forms to support California and federal leave law compliance, including with respect to CFRA/FMLA leave, pregnancy disability leave, leave as a disability accommodation and various combinations of the foregoing types of leave.
- Disability Accommodation Forms: We maintain a set of forms that may be used to for employee disability accommodation requests.
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Investigations: Sample Initial Memo to Complainant; Sample Initial Memo to Employee Under Investigation; Sample Investigation Report Template
- Termination Letter
- Termination Certification
- Transition Periods: We maintain a set of forms that may be used to put an employee on administrative leave, or another form of a transition period, prior to termination.
- Individual (Non-Group) Terminations: Separation Agreement (Age 40 and Over); Separation Agreement (Under Age 40)
- Group (e.g., Layoff) Terminations: Separation Agreement (Age 40 and Over); Sample “Information Concerning Reduction In Force” Disclosure; Separation Agreement (Under Age 40); Template for Documenting Layoff Selection Reasons
- California & Federal WARN Act Forms: The firm maintains a set of forms that may be used for California & Federal WARN compliance. In light of the complexity of these laws, clients should contact a lawyer of the firm for assistance.
- Employee Cell Phone Expense Reimbursement Policy & Acknowledgement Form
- Template Staffing Agency Agreement
- Sample Holiday Shutdown Announcement