Only In California! – Our Key Employment Law Differences (5-22-14 Webinar Recording)
We love California! But, California employers do face special employment law compliance challenges. Watch this recorded webinar for a detailed review of California employment law requirements that differ from federal law and many other states’ laws requirements, including with respect to:
- Leave Laws: CFRA vs. FMLA, “ADA” Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave.
- Hiring: Limitations on background checks, non-competition agreements.
- Terminations: Separation agreements, payments due upon termination.
- “Exempt” Status: Differences in exempt duties and compensation requirements.
- Non-Exempt Rights: Differences in overtime, minimum wage, meal/rest break, wage notice requirements, and other rights.
- Vacation, PTO, & Sick Time: Ban on “use it or lose it” vacation/PTO/floating holidays, accrual caps, kin care.
- Sexual Harassment: Expanded training requirements.
This is a recording of a webinar presented by Ray Hixson, Brian Nagatani, and Mary Wang on May 22, 2014. Please note that the webinar does not address changes in the law since the original program date. Please also note that the webinar provides only general information about the law, and does not constitute legal advice. Companies or individuals seeking legal advice should retain counsel.
Please note that HR and attorney continuing education credits are not available for watching this recorded program.
Clients of Hixson Nagatani LLP may view this webinar free of charge using a promotional code that will be e-mailed to you by the next business day after you complete the Access Request Form, below. For non-clients, there is a $75 webinar rental fee.
You may request an e-mail with links to the program materials and website where you may watch the program here: Access Request Form