Thursday, July 29, 2021 (noon to 2:15 p.m. PST)
Registration Fee: $45 per attendee
We’re offering this webinar training to assist employers in meeting California’s requirement to provide at least 2 hours of sexual harassment prevention training to supervisory employees every 2 years, and within 6 months of assuming a supervisory position. As California law requires the employer to maintain documentation of an employee’s attendance and active participation in webinar format training, after the program we will e-mail a report including such documentation to the trainee registered for the program, and the e-mail of an employer contact (e.g., HR or management representative) to confirm the employee’s attendance/participation, and for recordkeeping. We will also provide a recording of the training and a copy of the written materials for the employer’s recordkeeping.
(Please note that each trainee needs to register separately; California’s legal training requirements cannot be met by an employee watching a webinar recording, or merely watching the webinar on the screen of a different registered trainee.)
The training will address a variety of important legal topics, including:
- What is defined as sexual harassment, including practical examples of conduct that amounts to sexual harassment.
- Preventing harassment based upon gender expression/identity, and sexual orientation.
- Who can be held liable for sexual harassment (including personal liability risks).
- Remedies available for victims of sexual harassment.
- What the law requires employers and supervisors to do to prevent sexual harassment, and to correct sexual harassment after it has occurred, and related practical guidance.
- Company policies and complaint procedures addressing sexual harassment.
- Preventing retaliation against employees who make complaints of sexual harassment.
- Preventing abusive conduct (i.e., bullying).
The program will include engaging interactive exercises, opportunity to ask questions to the attorney presenter, and review of the provisions of a sample sexual harassment policy. Attendees will receive detailed PowerPoint slides and some additional written materials.
The training will be presented by attorney Ray Hixson who is a partner of the law firm Hixson Nagatani LLP. Hixson Nagatani LLP advises and represents employers in a wide range of employment law matters. Mr. Hixson has practiced employment law for 26 years, and is known for his engaging style of presentation. His presentation will include many interesting “war stories” from his years of practice, in the spirit of raising the trainees’ awareness, and helping them to avoid mistakes that others have made when it comes to sexual harassment, and related issues such as retaliation.
Date & Time:
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2021
Time: noon – 2:15 p.m.
Registration fee: $45 (refunds available only for cancellations at least 48 hours in advance of event)