You may request access to the recorded webinar here: Access Request Form
Events that trigger the need to conduct a workplace investigation never come at a convenient time. When such matters arise, they require immediate familiarity with the law and best practices, and immediate action. This complimentary webinar will help to equip you for your next investigation with a powerful combination of legal and practical guidance.
The webinar recording will review legal issues including:
- When investigations are legally required, and legal liabilities that may result from failure to investigate and/or failure to take immediate and adequate corrective action.
- Essential investigation steps, and common mistakes to avoid.
- NLRB’s ruling that an employer unlawfully prohibited employees from discussing misconduct allegations related to an investigation.
- How the Fair Credit Reporting Act and parallel California state laws affect investigations.
- Important decisions that need to be made during an investigation, including whether to place the accused employee on administrative leave, who should conduct the investigation, which witnesses to interview, and how to document the investigation.
Attendee questions were also answered.
This is an edited recording of the webinar presented by Ray Hixson and Nancy Dearborn on October 30, 2018. Please note that the webinar does not address changes in the law since the original program date. Please also note that the webinar provides only general information about the law, and does not constitute legal advice. Companies or individuals seeking legal advice should retain counsel.
Please note that HR and attorney continuing education credits are not available for watching this recorded program.
You may request an e-mail with links to the program materials and website where you may watch the program here: Access Request Form
Additional on-demand webinars are available on our website’s resources page.