Complimentary Webinar: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 (noon to 1:30 p.m. PDT)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: REGISTRATION LINK
Events that trigger the need to conduct a workplace investigation never come at a convenient time. When such matters arise, they require immediate familiarity with the law and best practices, and immediate action. This complimentary webinar will help to equip you for your next investigation with a powerful combination of legal and practical guidance.
The webinar will review legal issues including:
- When investigations are legally required, and legal liabilities that may result from failure to investigate and/or failure to take immediate and adequate corrective action.
- Essential investigation steps, and common mistakes to avoid.
- NLRB’s ruling that an employer unlawfully prohibited employees from discussing misconduct allegations related to an investigation.
- How the Fair Credit Reporting Act and parallel California state laws affect investigations.
- Important decisions that need to be made during an investigation, including whether to place the accused employee on administrative leave, who should conduct the investigation, which witnesses to interview, and how to document the investigation.
Written materials will be provided, including important notices to provide to employees upon commencement of an investigation, and a model template for an investigation report.
Ray Hixson and Nancy Dearborn, attorneys and partners of the law firm Hixson Nagatani LLP, will present the webinar. Ms. Dearborn recently joined Hixson Nagatani to lead the firm’s workplace investigations practice.
Continuing education credits: This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute and SHRM for review. This program qualifies for 1.5 hours of MCLE for California attorneys.
Date & Time:
Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Registration fee: This webinar is free of charge.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: WEBINAR REGISTRATION LINK